Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Me & Mavis

So...yeah...learned that Mavis Staples and I will be performing at the same folk festival this year! After the kind of year where I've felt so connected to her disc, We'll Never Turn Back, I'm pumped. More pumped than Arnold. Now that's saying alot.

I'm in this very interesting transition. I'm leaving my social work life and moving wholly into creative expression through songwriting and academia. While it is exciting, it is also very challenging. A woman once said to me..."when one door closes another opens but it's hell in the hallway". I know what she means. Overall though, I'm gaining deeper perspective and am starting to feel more and more like I am making this move to improve my artistry on all levels. No matter what I engage in it seems like educating is always a part of it.

On another note...check out my facebook page...www.facebook.com/katdanser...and see video I've posted on the Riverside Hotel in Clarksdale, MS and Mavis Staples "Down in Mississippi". Enjoy.

Until next time...see you in the hallway!
xo Kat

No comments: