Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Signs of Hopson Plantation











I'm at the Hopson Plantation south east of Clarksdale on highway #49 just off #61.  The photo opportunities are just too many to post on this site but imagine the free dinners you'll invite me too at your house so I can show you ALL the great shots!  :-)  Anyway, here are some of the signs around the property which is being cared for by a couple great guys, Bill and Guy.  They work very hard to try and keep things up and are getting ready for a welcome home bash with Pinetop Perkins who was raised on this plantation and worked the land for many years.  

Hopson has become a very important blues historical marker and the commitment to keeping blues alive is evident everywhere I look.  Just this morning over a cup of coffee I wrote two new songs.  Other than me though -- ha ha -- many of the Delta musicians played out here with Charlie Patton, Son House, Sonny Boy Williamson II and, and, and....  Today I followed the train that goes right by this farm and could've hopped it no problem as it was moving so slow.  That old diesel Santa Fe was smokin' to beat 60 and ridin' down the crooked, slanted tracks clinging on for dear life.  Wild!  I managed to get me a couple toots off the engineer again.  Man that makes me happy!  

An that line keeps on keepin' on...check the next couple blogs...
Kat

No comments: