Thursday, April 3, 2008

Day 4

Amidst billboard after billboard of children with downs syndrome who have somehow become the poster children for "Pro Families Across America", ultra right wing radio and guns held on the back window of pick up trucks it was VERY refreshing to settle into the hotel and see a documentary on the Mississippi Delta.  Last night I caught the 'Guide to the Best Bar-B-Que' in the Delta.  Turns out even the politics of the Presidential election can't keep down great food and great music!  

All that aside, I'm 2,600 kilometers into this journey and have another 1,400 to go before reaching the Delta.  Two thirds way there...yaaahooooo!  And that Mississippi is growing wide and strong as I travel along.  I can hardly wait to post new photos of just how mighty she is.  In fact, there is a major flood watch on in the Delta right now.  With driving safety coaching from the weather person on TV I shall soldier onward.

Stay well and write...okay?

Kat

5 comments:

Keb'lo said...

mmmm...barbeque!!! Have a rib or three for me!
Look forward to more pics. Drive safe.
Keb

Kat said...

keb'lo,
i'll have some damn good barbeque stories for you. i realize now that this trip will be 2 parts music and 4 parts BBQ ;-) i'll make sure and take photos off all the different kinds of food i eat. just so i remember it. tried to have biscuits and sausage gravy today but it was past breakfast time. next time...or not. there's not enough nordic walking in the whole world to keep me in shape down here.

kat

Keb'lo said...

From my experience you can take a pass on the biscuits and gravy! NNNNNasty!
Keb

Kat said...

10-4. hey, i forgot to thank you for everything!!! the gps has been a lifesaver, the camcorder incredible and this blog has given me a sense of purpose and connection. thanks a lot keb'lo!

i'm goin' to beale street right now. will post photos in a bit.

k

Keb'lo said...

I,m glad to help and evan happier that they are working out for you. I look forward to more pics.
Keb